... EVICT PROCRASTINATION!
Is procrastination renting a room in your brain? Is it always disrupting your attempts to get started on the important stuff you have to do? Procrastination is a bad tenant, eager to become a bad manager of your all time and energy.
Stop procrastination in its track and evict it from your brain by exerting focussed energy to overcome inertia and GET STARTED NOW!
Let’s pick a task every small business owner absolutely loves: COLD CALLING ‘er, Business Development Calls.
Here are 10 reasons you have to make the call NOW:
1. Customers are the star of their own movie, you are at best a bit player, to get noticed you have to put yourself front and centre in their camera viewfinder. Make the call.
2. Customers are very busy, just like you; but unlike you, they may not have a reason to call you right now, and you need to call them ... right now. Make the call.
3. You have information, expertise, knowledge, experience, and products that can help that potential Customer, so be proud and confident and call to let them know all you can offer. Make the call.
4. You aren’t retired and living in a villa in Costa Rica, or wherever your dream and goals are intended to take you. So if you are not there yet, you need to do something now to take a step in the right direction. Make the call.
5. You are part of a community. For success, you need to contribute to that community. The best way to do that is to help. Your products and services help, they benefit your Customers, so reach out and let them know how you can help. Make the call.
6. Your entire life you have been learning new things. So if you are new to business development calls you need to make them to learn what works and what doesn’t in the real world. The best way to learn is to do. Tom Peters says “Ready. Fire. Aim.” Make the call.
7. Into each life, a little rain must fall. We all have things that MUST be done. Period. Think how many things you do because they have to be done: to maintain health and hygiene, to build your relationships, to care for your loved ones, to maintain the infrastructure of your life. If you can not only do all of those things, but do most of them as routines and habits, you need to add another to take care of your business. Make the call.
8. Did I mention? Make the call.
9. No one else is going to do this for you. Like it or not, you own your own success. So, step up, accept the responsibility, take action and ... Make the call.
10. When you make the call, it’s done. You survived, you touched another person, you made your 10 second investment (yes, that’s all it takes to get to success) you got their attention, you engaged the gatekeeper, you left the dynamite voice mail message, you arranged the 20 minute appointment to understand the decision makers business better, even if you got a “NO!” you were a SUCCESS! Fantastic! Now, celebrate that success; and you know what the absolutely best, most powerful, useful and valuable way to celebrate is? Make the next call.
PostNet Whitby 1800 Dundas Street East Whitby ON L1N2L4 905.240.0442
PostNet Whitby is your one-stop-shop for all your small business marketing needs. From BRANDing and marketing consultation and printing of business cards, sales collateral, postcards, trade show setup, promotional items and more - we can help.